Quality Control Supervisor
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Quality Control systems for medical and adult use cannabis in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) and Cannabis regulations. The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for supporting the company’s Quality Control, production, maintenance and facilities departments. The quality control supervisor would be one of the Alternate Quality Persons in Charge (AQAP) for the site and would be responsible for finished product release in the absence of the QAP.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors; investigate report, debrief and take or direct corrective action as required in the event of incident.
- Coordination of all sampling and testing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging, raw materials, work in process items, finished product and environments within the facility. The Quality Control Supervisor will work closely with production, maintenance, facilities and shipping teams to ensure that quality standards are established, implemented and maintained throughout all manufacturing operations.
- Perform and/or oversee the analytical lab within Acreage Pharms. This includes coordinating the installation, qualification and maintenance of analytical equipment and software, hiring and training appropriate staff for the laboratory and maintaining GPP practices within the lab.
- Performs QC monitoring in all areas of Belleville’s production processes and communicates results to respective area stakeholders. This includes overseeing the companies environmental monitoring program for all production and lab areas.
- Provides support for product sampling and analysis in addition to raw material inspection and testing in accordance with Health Canada Regulations and best practices.
- Performs laboratory functions such as, testing, equipment management and test product development.
- Provides inventory assistance as required.
- Performs release of packaging materials, raw materials or any WIP product as required.
- Assists in compliance with regulations through participation in internal auditing and quality systems in production, facilities and maintenance for inventory, GPP, GMP and process quality compliance and collaborate with respective departments on corrective actions.
- Communicates any non-compliances to respective department stakeholders.
- Participates in investigation activities associated with problems or failures within the overall quality assurance systems, to analyze root cause, to propose appropriate corrective action, and to document with deviation reporting tools.
- Ensures accurate record keeping and cleanliness of QC work areas.
- Liaises closely with colleagues and provides required QC training for all areas of the facility to ensure efficient resolution of quality related issues.
- Monitors process control and QC data trends and reports and non-compliances to standards to respective department stakeholders
- Ensures that procedures are followed, efficiently and consistently in laboratory and production environment.
- Assists quality control requirements for production R+D projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must be able to hold AQAP accreditation
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred) is required;
- Food safety background or GMP experience a strong asset
- Previous experience in a quality control laboratory testing role required
- Detail oriented and self-directed in execution of tasks required;
- Strong critical thinking and leadership skills;
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications;
- Keen learner, who continually strives to improve their skills and knowledge;
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail;
- Must possess a willingness to learn with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset;
- Familiarity with Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations and Cannabis Regulations is an asset;
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
How to apply?
Please send CVs/ resumes to [email protected] with “Quality Control Supervisor” in subject line.